In My Head


Tuesday, September 25, 2007
I busted out some of the old-school jams tonight while I was working on my 'puter. Right now I'm listening to "Rapper's Delight" by The Sugarhill Gang.

Back in the late 90s, there was a resurgence of interest in these forefathers of hip-hop and they did a small club tour. One of the stops was The Lagoon in Essington, PA, which was (sad but true) one of my haunts back in the day. I'll get to that in a future post.

Somehow, two of my girlfriends and I got pulled up onstage with The Sugarhill Gang by their bodyguards/roadies. It was surreal and hilarious. I got to do the Bump with Master Gee. I only wish I had pictures.

Since then, whenever I hear "Rapper's Delight" or "Apache," I just laugh.

Good times, y'all.

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Lori at 9/25/2007 09:58:00 PM |

Site Meter