In My Head


Wednesday, September 05, 2007
I'm gearing up for yet another trip...this time strictly for pleasure. Friday is our fifth wedding anniversary, and we haven't been on a vacation for so long. I've been looking forward to this for months!

First, we'll be spending a few nights here:



Then we're renting a car and driving three hours into the northwestern Arizona desert, where we'll spend several days doing this:



A dude ranch! My ULTIMATE vacation. Seriously! I've been wanting to go to a dude ranch for years now. I finally convinced The Huz to do it. He initially wanted to go to an island somewhere, but let's face it, if you've seen one or two different beaches in the Caribbean, you've pretty much seen them all.

No, I wanted to do something different and way more exciting than that this time. I'm a bit apprehensive but I'll get over it. I haven't been on a horse since I was eight years old and in the Brownies. This should be interesting!

The dude ranch is so remote that there are no landline telephones! There are no televisions or telephones in any of the ten guest rooms, either. There's one television in the Lodge, which is the common area where all the guests can gather to socialize, play pool, cards, board games, etc. The ranch where we're staying has gotten nothing but 5.0 ratings on TripAdvisor.com, which is my go-to travel resource.

I am BEYOND excited about this. I'll be back next week, hopefully with lots of great pictures and stories to share.

Happy Trails!

Labels:


Posted by Lori at 9/05/2007 06:15:00 PM |

Site Meter