In My Head


Wednesday, September 19, 2007


Well, I just broke a personal record: most amount of money spent on concert tickets.

Last time we went to see the Foo Fighters, I told my husband that I would spend any amount of money to get REALLY good seats for their next show. That was over two years ago.

I reminded him of this fact again just this past July, as I drooled while watching their LiveEarth performance on TV.

They just announced a few tour dates this weekend, and they're coming to the Borgata in Atlantic City on October 6. The show's already sold out, of course. So I did a little comparison shopping online between StubHub, Ticket Liquidator, and eBay.

Now, I don't know what most married couples do, but my husband and I have an agreement: if either of us wants to make a big (over $200) purchase, we run it past the other one first.

So what do you think I did tonight?

I did what any self-respecting wife would do when lobbying for a big-bucks item: I waited until after he'd fallen asleep, then woke him up and asked him if it was OK with him that I buy the tickets.

"Whuh? Huh?" he sputtered after I gently shook him in his sleep.

"The Foo Fighters are coming to the Borgata in a few weeks," I whispered. "I want to get tickets for us. Are you busy on October 6?"

"Mmmmm....zzzzz.....uh, no," he mumbled. "Don't think so..."

"OK, good."

"Wait...how much?"

I paused. Damn. I was hoping he'd be so out of it as to forget to ask about that part.

"About $300."

"Mmmm....okay," he muttered as he rolled over, pulling the blankets back up over his head.

Score!!!

I wound up going with the eBay deal, and I just bought two tickets that cost me $277 including priority USPS shipping.

Yes, I am crazy.

But hey, unlike most women, I don't buy expensive shoes or purses or even clothes...so I have to splurge on something. Right?

I've never been to the Borgata for a show, but it seems that their arena is a little different than most; there is a large general admission area in the front, not the rear, of the reserved seating area, and it's standing-room only...which means that we will have to get there very, very early that day to get a good spot by the stage.

Still, I'm amped. Now that I've got a quality digital camera, I hope to get some really great shots of my second husband, Dave Grohl. When they came to the Tower in 2005, I was using my parents' digital camera and it totally tweaked on me as I stood in the pit, quivering like a leaf in a hurricane, just underneath Dave Grohl during the acoustic "Everlong" encore. Not a single picture came out properly. Dammit.

Not this time!

(I hope).

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Lori at 9/19/2007 11:36:00 PM |

Site Meter