In My Head


Saturday, August 25, 2007
I'm in Charlotte, NC next week for business, but I decided to come down a few days early and do some sightseeing.

So we got here last night after sitting on the runway at PHL for over an hour after our scheduled departure time. Ugh. We spent a very short night in Charlotte, rented a car, and drove two hours in the mountains of northwestern NC to Asheville, home of the Biltmore Estate, the largest home in America.

This house (castle?) is CRAZY. I need to check my facts, but it has probably over 100 rooms (43 bathrooms alone) and is on about 150 acres of land. Our house tour took us about an hour and a half to finish, and they only have about 35 rooms open to the public!

It's gorgeous. Unfortunately, tourists are not allowed to take photos of the interior of the house, so I was a good little girl and complied with the rules.

I will share with you a few other pictures I took today: the exterior of the Estate and some pics I shot in the unbelievably extensive gardens on the home's property.

Enjoy!





Labels:


Posted by Lori at 8/25/2007 09:26:00 PM |

Site Meter