In My Head


Thursday, March 23, 2006
Besides Angelina Jolie, my biggest girlcrush has to be this lady:



That is my favorite female chef from the Food Network, Giada de Laurentiis. She's hot, she seems fun, and she can seriously cook. What more could you want? Plus, she's not all coked-up like Rachael Ray.

(Aside: I used to adore Rachael Ray, but I can hardly stand to watch her anymore. First of all, she's EVERYWHERE, which is annoying. Major media overload. Second, she is most definitely riding the white horse, if you catch my drift. It'll be fun to watch her crash and burn, though. And that time will come eventually, trust me.)

Anyway, back to Giada. Every recipe I've tried from her first cookbook, Everyday Italian, has been a success. I cannot say that about any other cookbook that I own.

Her new book is coming out in April, and here's the great part: I'm going to meet her!

She'll be in the area for a book signing on April 6. I'm actually taking a half-day from work just to go see her speak and have her sign my cookbooks. I may also bring a camera and have a photo taken with her, but I'm a little scared...she's GORGEOUS and I'm not so sure I want to be photographed right next to her.

Yes, I am a loser.

Labels: , , , , ,


Posted by Lori at 3/23/2006 12:13:00 PM |

Site Meter