In My Head


Thursday, March 02, 2006
After last night's performance on AI, I am totally Elliott's bitch.

I watched the first six guys while I was working out at the gym. I have to say, when Elliott opened his mouth and started to sing, I nearly fell off the treadmill. He was so, so, so good! So natural! His voice was clear and pure. And all this with no vocal training ever, supposedly. What I find especially interesting is that his speaking voice sounds nothing like his singing voice. It's like listening to two completely different people. Wild.

In the face of such raw talent, I can forgive him a lot of things. I can even overlook the fact that his teeth resemble those of a late-stage meth junkie. As long as he keeps the grinning to a miminum, his choppers don't frighten me at all. Well, not too much, anyway.

So I really loved Elliott's performance. Ace's? Not so much. He immediately followed Elliott, and the two performances weren't even comparable. Intially, I was really excited when he announced that he was doing a Daniel Bedingfield song; even though I really don't like Bedingfield's material, I figured that Ace's vocal ability was a good match for it. He mangled the song title, though, which irked me a bit. But then he opened his mouth, and I really cringed. Particularly when he hit the falsetto notes in the chorus. He was way off.

Still, he'll go farther than he probably should, just based on his looks.

The results show is tonight, and here's who I think will be going home:

Girls: Heather Cox (did you catch her version of Mariah Carey's "Hero" on Tuesday night? YIKES!) and Brenna Gethers

Guys: David Radford and Jose "Sway" Penala

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lori at 3/02/2006 09:18:00 AM |

Site Meter