In My Head


Thursday, March 16, 2006
Does anyone else think that, at age 63, Harrison Ford is just too old to be playing Indiana Jones?

Don't get me wrong...I love, love, love those movies. All three of them are highly entertaining. If any one of those movies comes across my screen as I'm channel-surfing, I will absolutely watch it.

As a kid, I wanted to BE Indiana Jones, or at least his long-lost younger sister. I used to daydream about being an adventurer in a faraway land, finding treasures and beating up the bad guys. I even owned one of those "Choose Your Own Adventure" books that featured Indiana Jones in the storyline. Let me tell ya, I must have read that book about a million times! Now, as an adult, I can appreciate his swagger and sex appeal.

BUT.

The last Indiana Jones movie was made almost twenty years ago. In The Last Crusade, Sean Connery played Indy's father, and was a few years YOUNGER than Harrison Ford will be when and if he makes the fourth installment in the series. That's just weird.

Another thing: I can almost guarantee that the actress who plays the "love interest" role opposite Ford will be at least twenty years his junior, which I think is totally creepy.

I don't know. Maybe I'm being age-ist. I'm not saying that older folks should just lay down and die after reaching a certain age. But I don't think this role is viable for him anymore.

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lori at 3/16/2006 09:56:00 AM |

Site Meter