In My Head


Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Because I am tired and have nothing spectacular to report, and especially because I know you don't really want to hear the long and drawn-out details of the bridal shower I attended this weekend, I will instead tell you about my latest discovery: Good Seasons Italian Vinaigrette with Extra Virgin Olive Oil salad dressing.

This stuff is YUMMY and cheap. I am almost always disappointed when it comes to the taste of bottled salad dressings, so I didn't have high hopes when I bought this at my local Giant supermarket last week. I saw that it was a Brand! New! Product! on the shelf, and decided to give it a shot.

Last night, I opened it for the first time to dress the side salad for the bacon, potato and cheddar frittata that I made for dinner. What can I say...it was love at first bite, baby! This dressing tastes SO good, and it's relatively low in fat, despite having tons of flavor. Only 4.5 grams per two tablespoons, which is not bad at all. It reminds me of my favorite salad dressing in the world -- the house Italian dressing from the Bertucci's restaurant chain -- but this one has 15 less grams of fat per serving! Does it get any better than this? I think not!

I must sound like a bored housewife, huh? Or perhaps a paid endorser for Kraft Foods.

Nevertheless, I just had to write about it and let everyone know. So give it a shot and see if you like it, too. I bet you will!


PS - I've used the Good Seasons Creamy Caesar with Aged Parmesan dressing too, and it is also very good.

Labels: ,


Posted by Lori at 5/02/2006 02:10:00 PM |

Site Meter