In My Head


Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My friend (and partner-in-crime) PJ and I have decided to go for a free private Krav Maga lesson next week.

What is Krav Maga, you ask? It's the method of self-defense used by the Israeli Army, who are clearly a bunch of bad-ass mofos.

Krav Maga is also what J-Lo used in her movie Angel Eyes. Or was it her movie Enough? I can never seem to get those two straight. Mostly because they both sucked. Oh well. It's the one where she's married to a really abusive guy and she finally decides she's had it and learns to fight, then totally cleans his clock. I think it's Enough.

PJ and I have been talking about doing this for at least the last three years, but we just never got around to doing anything about it. She recently brought it up again in conversation, and I had just seen a special interest story on our local news about it, so I believe the Universe is trying to tell us something.

So has anyone ever taken Krav Maga? What should I expect? Obviously, we're going for a beginner's free trial, so I know that I'm not going to morph into Elektra by the end of the session.

Hiiiii-yah!

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Lori at 4/05/2006 04:20:00 PM |

Site Meter