In My Head


Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Taylor Hicks is SO winning American Idol. He was consistently good in his performances last night, whereas Kat only shone in "Over The Rainbow."

I have a $5 bet with my boss that Taylor wins. He thinks Katharine will win strictly because she's a pretty girl. I think he underestimates America. Fantasia was not your typical pretty girl. Ruben was not very attractive. Neither was Clay.

Neither Kat nor Taylor would have been my pick for AI this season, but of the two, I think Taylor is a more interesting and seasoned performer. Kat can definitely sing, but only in a very stylized way.

And what the hell was up with their two singles? Yikes. Whoever dreamed up those songs (lyrics AND melody) should be shot. But maybe I'm expecting too much, because I thought last season's "Inside Your Heaven" was horrifying, too. Katharine was ALL over the place trying to sing that awful "My Destiny" song. And "Do I Make You Proud?" Christ. Totally lame, but I thought Taylor did better with it than Kat did with her song. However, if I never hear either of those again, it will be too soon. Ugh.

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Lori at 5/24/2006 09:00:00 AM |

Site Meter