In My Head


Friday, July 27, 2007
I quit smoking six years ago today. Hard to believe it. The time has flown by. I almost forgot about it, actually.

Though the odd craving still sneaks up on me sometimes, I know I will never go back.

Especially when I think it through and realize that, even if I picked up a cigarette right now, I would get ZERO pleasure out of it.

I'd cough, choke, hack, get dizzy, and probably wind up with a pounding headache. Plus, my breath would stink, my clothes and hair would stink, my skin would age prematurely, my teeth would turn yellow, and oh yeah...my lungs would turn black.

Is all of that crap really worth it?

Nope.

Is there anything that life could throw at me that a cigarette would make better?

Nope.

Salud!

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Lori at 7/27/2007 11:03:00 AM |

Site Meter