In My Head


Friday, March 16, 2007
I feel I owe my blogfriends a serious apology. I have kind of lost my blogging mojo lately, ya know? Like a major writer's block that has continued forever. Ugh. I hate it.

I keep thinking of things to write about here, and have actually started about a half-dozen posts in the past two weeks, only to reread them and delete them immediately because they're just so boring and blah.

The job is still going well, but it's been busy. SOOOO busy. This week I stayed until 6:30 on Tuesday, 7 p.m. on Wednesday, 6 p.m. last night, and until 5 p.m. tonight, even though everyone else left the office at 2 p.m. because of the ice and snow.

I've been desperately trying just to keep my head above water with respect to my workload. Most days I don't even take a lunch break...I just grab a yogurt and pound away at my desk. The powers-that-be keep reassuring me that they're going to be extending an offer to someone in the next few days so that I will have a helper. I freaking hope so! I have a pretty strong work ethic and don't mind staying late occasionally to get a job done, but 4 out of 5 nights a week? No thanks...I DO have a life outside of work!

Oh yeah...I started my weightlifting again this week. My office is less than 5 minutes from the Phoenixville branch of the YMCA. I managed to sneak away for 40 minutes twice this week, when I've actually taken lunch. And the gym is delightfully empty at 1 p.m., so I get a lot done in a half-hour.

The verdict? I am so out of shape it's pathetic.

I was looking at my old routines from when I was lifting religiously. Obviously, I've had to reduce the amount of weight for now until I can build my strength up again. It's so hard (not to mention demoralizing) to start from scratch again, but I know it's for the best.

And now I will bore you with my workout:

Cable bicep curls: 2 x 12 @ 15 lbs
Cable tricep pushdowns: 2 x 12 @ 40 lbs
Smith machine bench press: 2 x 12 @ 65 lbs (this fills me with shame...I was up to 120 lbs before!! Sigh...patience...)
Lat pulldowns: 2 x 12 @ 50 lbs
Hack squats: 2 x 15 @ 130 lbs
Hip Adductions: 2 x 15 @ 60 lbs
Hip Abductions: 2 x 15 @ 80 lbs
Leg Extensions: 2 x 12 @ 50 lbs
Leg Curls: 2 x 12 @ 50 lbs
Overhead shoulder press: 2 x 12 @ 35 lbs

My first workout was on Monday afternoon. Tuesday morning came and I could barely hoist myself out of bed. And on Wednesday, I was still aching.

Then I went back yesterday for more. The good news is that today was not bad at all...just an occasional pleasant twinge in my back and inner thighs to remind me that I worked hard yesterday.

Enjoy St. Patty's Day, my friends!

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Lori at 3/16/2007 08:45:00 PM |

Site Meter