In My Head


Monday, January 29, 2007
Well, Week Two of my new job began today. So far, so good. The people in the home office couldn’t be nicer, and I’ve enjoyed the tasks I’ve accomplished so far.

Danville is a quaint little town about fifteen miles outside of Bloomsburg, PA, right on the Susquehanna River. The drive here is fantastic. I take Route 61, which cuts right through the Blue Mountain Ridge and passes through the Weiser State Forest. I even get to drive through Centralia, which is both super-cool and pretty damn creepy at the same time.

I bought a laptop last week before I left for my first day here, which helps to pass the evenings in my room after work. I’ve been catching up on my pleasure reading, too, which is nice.

The whole living-in-a-hotel thing during the week isn’t too awful, either. After all, the company is paying for three meals a day, my lodging, and my mileage to and from Danville every week. In fact, I rather enjoy coming back to my quiet, cozy hotel room at the end of the day: the bed is made, fresh towels are laid out in the bathroom, the rug has been vacuumed…a girl could get used to this kind of treatment.

I’m just sayin’.

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lori at 1/29/2007 07:30:00 PM |

Site Meter