In My Head


Monday, August 28, 2006
Though I'm still toying with the idea of going for the QPFC designation, I saw some sobering statistics this morning:

Only 37 (!) people who sat for the PFC-1 exam passed it.

Only 17 (!!!) people who sat for the PFC-2 exam passed it.

Gulp.

Anyhoo...in keeping with the above title (quite literally), I'm going to a client meeting later this morning near Oxford, PA. With today's humidity level at nearly 100%, I'm sure to enjoy the lovely aroma of manure that permeates the air in that part of the world (DubyaTM). Most of the mushrooms consumed in the U.S. come from that region--Kennett Square, Toughkenamon, West Grove, et al. Called the "Mushroom Capital of the World." And you know what mushrooms are grown in, right? Yup. Horse and/or cow crap.

The last time I was down there for a client visit coincided with an intense heatwave back in July. I got out of my car and was just about knocked over by the stench of, um, that fresh country air.

I have no idea how people live there. It's a million miles away from everything, and it stinks.

That's all I got for today, folks.

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lori at 8/28/2006 10:16:00 AM |

Site Meter