In My Head


Wednesday, August 16, 2006
I am so freaking psyched about the Foo Fighters concert tonight.

First of all, we're having dinner before the show at Pica's in Upper Darby (my hometown!). I worked at Pica's as a waitress for three years while I was in college, and I have extremely fond memories of the place. One of these days I'm going to write about my experiences there. I've been begging The Huz to take me there for months now, because I miss their famous square pizza! Mmmm-mmmm. Can't wait!

On to the concert: this is their first-ever acoustic tour, so it promises to be different and interesting. The reviews so far are excellent--supposedly it's intimate and subdued (in a GOOD way). They're performing at the Tower Theatre, also in Upper Darby, which is a wonderful little venue. It was built in the gothic style in the late 1920s. Originally used as a theatre for vaudeville acts, the Tower later became a movie theatre before being converted to a world-class concert venue. It seats only 3,100 people. I've never been to Radio City Music Hall, but I imagine that the Tower is a miniature replica of it. Its history and atmosphere are so rich.



I can't wait to hear the acoustic version of "Everlong"--which is easily my favorite Foo Fighters song, and possibly my favorite love song of all time. The reviews I've read stated that the Foos play "Everlong" as one of a two-song encore, and that it literally stops the show. I have goosebumps now just thinking about it.

This just may qualify as my idea of the perfect night.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Posted by Lori at 8/16/2006 10:45:00 AM |

Site Meter