In My Head


Tuesday, November 08, 2005
I am pleased to report that Donnie was a VERY goooood boy this weekend! Although he is a rather exuberant 14-month old Chessie (who weighs about 90 lbs), he didn't have any accidents in the house, only chewed on his own designated toys, and stayed off the furniture. He was pretty quiet, too, and only whimpered a little bit when we crated him at bedtime.

The weather here was gorgeous and uncharacteristically warm over the weekend, so we took Donnie for a nice long hike at Valley Forge National Park. As we were walking, Brian commented, "You know, this is kind of fun..."

Also, when Donnie's owner came on Sunday afternoon to take him home, Brian told him, "If you ever need anyone to dogsit again, we'll be happy to do it. He was a good boy!"

This bodes very well for my chances of convincing Brian to get a dog in the spring. Yippee!

Anyway, this is PMS Week, which means that I've pretty much strapped on the feed bag. Have you ever had ice cream from Coldstone Creamery? WOW. It is so rich and delicious that it takes me at least two days to eat even the smallest size serving. My favorite flavor is Cake Batter with cookie dough mixed in, though I sampled Carrot Cake yesterday and was impressed.

This coming weekend, Brian is flying to Pittsburgh to meet up with his buddies and go to the Steelers game on Sunday. I am kind of looking forward to having the house all to myself. That means that I can watch the Food Network and HGTV exclusively without hearing any grumbling! The World Series of Poker will not even have one minute's airtime in the house for three whole days! And no sticky fingerprints all over the kitchen counters and refrigerator door! I swear, the man is 33 years old but sometimes I feel like he's my kid. I'm constantly cleaning up after him. Gah.

Hope everyone had as nice and fun a weekend as I! Tell me what you did...

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lori at 11/08/2005 10:54:00 AM |

Site Meter