In My Head


Thursday, January 19, 2006
OK, I'll admit it. I totally got sucked into watching Skating with Celebrities last night.

I had been watching American Idol (which I will post about separately in the near future) and doing laundry, and when the intro began airing, I was intrigued by its cheese factor.

My first observation: the "Celebrities" part of the show's title is questionable...definitely a bit of an overstatement. Obviously, none of these people are A-listers; if they were, they wouldn't be caught dead doing something like this. No, these folks are really scraping the bottom of the barrel, in terms of publicity. But I guess I can't blame them. Gotta make a living somehow, right?

Secondly: the only adjective Scott Hamilton, the show's emcee, seemed capable of uttering after each performance was "Wowwww!" This became quite grating after the first few times. He appeared uncomfortable in his role, and his monologues sounded stilted and forced.

Aside from that, I found myself pleasantly surprised by the actual performances, especially Jillian Barberie's. She flew around the ice like a pro. Didn't hurt that she's totally smoking hot, as is her male partner (whose name escapes me at the moment). They were just nice to look at. And Debbie...excuse me, DEBORAH...Gibson's performance was cute.

Not sure if I'll tune in next Monday for the second episode, though.

Labels: , , , ,


Posted by Lori at 1/19/2006 10:44:00 AM |

Site Meter