In My Head


Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Whew! It's good to be back. I fell hard last Wednesday due to an unexpected case of strep throat. I have no idea how I got it. Haven't had it since I was a kid. It came on so suddenly...Wednesday morning I felt fine, then by lunch started getting that weird taste in my mouth that always precedes a cold. By Wednesday afternoon, I felt like I was hit by a freight train. Fever, chills, sweating, couldn't swallow, hurt to talk.

I'll spare you the details, but just know that I'm extremely grateful for antibiotics. Still not feeling 100%, but much improved today.

Anyhoo...although I missed the New Year, I figured I'd post my goals for this coming year today. Better late than never!

2006 Goals (in random order)

1. Be in bed and asleep by 10 p.m. on work nights. Hah!
2. Take a daily multi-vitamin. Even if it's Flintstones.
3. Get some form of exercise for at least 30 minutes, at least four days a week. Racquetball, weight-lifting, walking are some ideas.
4. Plan my meals better so that when I'm hungry, I can eat something nutritious and homemade, thereby reducing the frequency of eating out.
5. Study for and pass the ASPPA DC-2 exam, so I can get the QKA designation for my job.
6. Start thinking about having a baby. Perhaps.
7. Travel somewhere fun. No more Caribbean islands, please...I'm talking Europe, Africa, or somewhere I've never visited within the borders of these great United States. I've always wanted to go to a dude ranch. Brian thinks I'm nuts but I'm totally serious. Hee-haw!
8. Pay off all the new appliances that we bought when we moved into the new house.
9. Volunteer.
10. Continue on the home improvement spree. I slowed down due to studying for DC-1 and then the holiday onslaught began. Now I have all the time in the world to paint and strip wallpaper!

I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, and fulfilling 2006!

Labels: , , , , , ,


Posted by Lori at 1/03/2006 01:03:00 PM |

Site Meter