In My Head


Friday, January 20, 2006
I am a generally happy person. Don't get me wrong -- I've had spells of depression, and there have certainly been times when I didn't think anything was going right in my life. But for the most part, especially in the past year or so, I've been pretty content. I believe that most of my happiness depends on me. I don't look to other people or things to make me happy.

I remind myself often of all the things for which I am grateful. I do this almost daily, not just when I'm feeling down. It keeps things in perspective for me and helps me keep a good attitude about life.

Briefly, and in random order, I'm grateful for:

A job that I truly enjoy and look forward to going to almost every day (for the first time in my adult life!).
My wonderful, supportive husband who really loves me and who makes me laugh every day.
My parents, who think I am wonderful and who would do anything for me. It's great to be at an age where we have a true friendship.
Good health. This makes me feel immeasurably fortunate, because I know and have heard about so many people who suffer with various physical problems.
A few close friends who love me, whom I trust, and with whom I am completely comfortable being myself.
My two kitties, Bailey and Sebastian, who wake me up every morning by licking my face, and greet me every evening after work by rolling around on the floor and purring. They make me so happy!
A beautiful home where I feel safe and secure.
Two functioning vehicles -- especially my Highlander, which I plan to drive until it completely dies on me.
Enough money to live comfortably.
Music. I just couldn't imagine living without it.

Everything else is gravy, as far as I'm concerned.

Have a happy weekend!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Posted by Lori at 1/20/2006 02:16:00 PM |

Site Meter